More than 130 million users tap on an Instagram Shopping post each month — foot traffic a brick-and-mortar shop owner could only dream of. So if you have products to sell, it’s time to set up your virtual storefront. Let’s get started.
How to get approved for Instagram shopping
Before setting up Instagram Shopping, you must ensure your business checks a few boxes for eligibility.
- Your business is located in a supported market where Instagram Shopping is available. Check the list to confirm.
- You sell a physical, eligible product.
- Your business complies with Instagram’s merchant agreement and commerce policies.
- Your business owns your eCommerce website.
- You have a business profile on Instagram. If your account is set up as a personal profile, don’t worry — changing your settings to business is easy.
How to set up Instagram shopping
Step 1: Convert to a Business or Creator Account
If you don’t already have a Business (or Creator) account on Instagram, it’s time to take the plunge.
Besides qualifying you for Instagram Shopping features, Business accounts also have access to all sorts of exciting analytics.
Step 2: Use Commerce Manager to set up a shop
1. Use Commerce Manager or a supported platform to set up a shop.
2. Select a checkout method where you want customers to complete their purchases.
Hot tip: Checkout on Instagram is recommended for businesses based in the US because it enables people to buy your products directly on Instagram. Get more information on setting up your Checkout functionality here!
3. To choose sales channels, select the Instagram business account you want to be associated with your shop.
4. If you have a Facebook Page, check the box next to your account to have a shop on both Facebook and Instagram.
Step 3: Connect To a Facebook Page
If you have a Facebook Page, you’ll want to connect it to your Instagram Shop to make things flow smoothly. You no longer need a Facebook Page to set up an Instagram Shop if you want to.
Now, time to link the two!