If you're using Instagram (or planning to use it) for business purposes, you should switch to Business Instagram Account.
The basics are simple:
- To be able to create a better content strategy
- To understand your followers
- To figure out what time you should be posting
- To be able to use other tools that will accelerate your work (like post scheduler)
Anyone using (or working on) an Instagram marketing strategy should consider a business account, even if you're only trying to improve your organic reach.
Businesses like retailers and service providers will benefit from creating an Instagram business account.
Influencers, freelancers, and artists might consider using a Creator account, depending on their needs.
Wait, what? What is an Instagram Creator account?
In addition to personal and business accounts, Instagram has one more profile type — creator.
The primary benefits of a creator profile are:
- Audience insights (past seven days only)
- Streamlined inbox (separate personal from general)
- Optional contact information button
Business accounts offer more analytics, but the creator account has more flexible profile options.
If you're already using Instagram as part of a monetization strategy, you should use a business profile.
However, if you want audience insights without the business contact options, use a creator profile.
Instagram Business account provides many additional features you don't get with a personal account:
- The ability to add swipe-up links to Stories (if the account has at least 10,000 followers)
- The ability to boost posts
- Shoppable posts
- Instagram Insights
- Promoted posts
- Contact links
- Post scheduling + Auto-posting (with 3rd party app)
- Instagram Business Profiles Can Track Performance with Instagram Insights
Instagram offers its analytics tool, called Instagram Insights, which provides detailed analyses of the following metrics:
- Audience information
- Story performance
- Hashtag analytics
- Follower count
- Paid ad performance
- Best time of day to post
- Click-through rate
- Visitor information
Instagram Business Profiles Can Help Your Clients Contact with You
A business account provides a contact button, which lives in your account bio and includes: an email address, a phone number, or a physical address. This information lends your business credibility and makes it easy for potential customers to reach out to you.
Instagram Business Profiles Can Share Links in Instagram Stories
If your business account has at least 10,000 followers, you have the option to add swipe-up links in your stories, which means any follower watching your Stories can swipe up to any link you provide, such as a link to your website product or a review. This makes it easier for you to direct followers to other sites instead of directing them out of the Instagram Story to click a link in your bio.
Instagram Business Profiles Can Grow Their Reach with Promoted Posts & Instagram Ads
Instagram ads. A business account lets you create your own paid ads, which you can also track using Insights. An Instagram ad is a great way to increase brand awareness, extend your reach and target specific audiences.
Boosted posts. Boosting or promoting posts allows you to amplify a successful post, sending it to all of your followers, a recommended audience, or a targeted group of your choosing. A boosted post shows up as a sponsored post on your followers' Instagram feed.
Instagram Business Profiles Can Save Your Time
A business Instagram account allows you to schedule posts, which can save you a great deal of time and effort. Remember that you cannot schedule posts within Instagram; you need to use a scheduler (3rd party app).
Make Money with Instagram Shoppable Posts
Instagram has also launched Shoppable Posts, making it easy to tag and shop products directly from your organic Instagram posts. So if you're looking to drive more sales online, it's time to make the switch.
Convert your Instagram profile to a Business profile
- In the Instagram mobile app, go to your profile, and then select the menu in the top right.
- Select Settings, then Account, and then scroll to the bottom, to Switch account type.
- If you have a Personal account: Select Switch to professional account, and then choose Business.
- If you have a Creator account: Select Switch account type, and then Switch to business account.
Ready to make the switch? Setting up an Instagram business profile is easy!
If you need any help or have any questions, send message to Joanna@goenge.com!
We're here to help you with engagement and your content & marketing strategy.