Building a business brand on Instagram in 2023
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms and is expected to continue growing in 2023. It has way over 1 billion monthly active users and it is continually adding new features and tools to improve the user experience and attract more users.
Some of the reasons why Instagram is expected to continue growing in 2023 include:
- The increasing popularity of visual content: Instagram is primarily a visual platform, and as visual content becomes more popular and important for businesses, Instagram is likely to continue growing in popularity.
- The rise of e-commerce: As more businesses move online and use social media to sell their products and services, Instagram's shopping feature, IG Shopping, is likely to become more popular as it allows users to shop directly from the platform.
- The impact of the pandemic: The pandemic has accelerated the shift to online shopping and social media usage, and this trend is expected to continue in 2023, which will benefit Instagram.
- The increasing popularity of video content: Instagram has been adding new features to support video content, such as IGTV and Reels, and as video content becomes more popular, Instagram is likely to continue growing in popularity.
However, it's worth noting that the future of social media platforms is uncertain and can be affected by various factors such as new regulations, new competitors, changes in user behavior and more. Therefore, it's important to keep an eye on the industry trends and adjust your strategy accordingly.
Building a business brand on Instagram in 2023
Building a business brand on Instagram in 2023 requires a strategic approach to building a professional and engaging presence on the platform. Here are a few key elements to consider when building a business brand on Instagram:
- Develop a strong visual aesthetic: Having a consistent and visually appealing aesthetic is important for building a cohesive and professional brand presence on Instagram. Consider creating a style guide that outlines the specific elements of your aesthetic, such as color palettes, filters, and composition techniques.
- Define your target audience: Understanding your target audience is crucial for creating content that resonates with your potential customers. Identify the demographics, interests, and pain points of your target audience, and create content that addresses their needs and interests.
- Create valuable content: To build a strong brand presence on Instagram, it's important to create content that provides value to your audience. This can include educational or informative posts, behind-the-scenes looks at your business, or user-generated content.
- Utilize Instagram's features: Instagram offers a variety of features that can be leveraged to help you build your brand on the platform, such as Instagram Stories, IGTV, Reels and Shops. Use these features to create engaging and interactive content that showcases your brand in new and interesting ways.
- Leverage influencer marketing: Influencer marketing can be a powerful tool for building your brand on Instagram, as it allows you to tap into the audiences of popular influencers in your industry. Consider partnering with influencers to create sponsored content that reaches your target audience.
- Measure and track your results: To measure the success of your Instagram marketing efforts, it's important to track key performance indicators (KPIs) such as engagement rate, follower growth, website traffic and conversions. Use this data to optimize your strategy and improve your results over time.
Overall, building a business brand on Instagram in 2023 requires a strategic and holistic approach to creating engaging content
Why consistent aesthetic is important
Having a consistent aesthetic on Instagram is important for building a cohesive and professional presence on the platform. A consistent aesthetic refers to the overall look and feel of your Instagram content, including the colors, filters, composition, and style of your photos and videos. Here are a few reasons why having a consistent aesthetic is important for your business:
- Brand recognition: A consistent aesthetic helps users to recognize your brand and associate your content with your business. This makes it easier for users to find and engage with your content.
- Professionalism: A consistent aesthetic gives your business a polished and professional look, making it more likely that users will trust and engage with your brand.
- Engagement: A consistent aesthetic can help to increase engagement on your Instagram page by making your content more visually appealing and interesting to users.
- Standing out: Having a consistent aesthetic can help your business to stand out from the competition, making it more likely that users will notice and engage with your content.
- Storytelling: A consistent aesthetic can help to tell a story about your brand, whether that's through the use of specific colors, filters, or themes.
To achieve a consistent aesthetic on Instagram, consider creating a style guide that outlines the specific elements of your aesthetic, such as color palettes, filters, and composition techniques. It's also important to be consistent in your use of hashtags, captions, and location tags, to maintain a cohesive look throughout your Instagram page.
Remember that consistency is not just about the visual aspect but also in the posting frequency, type of content, and tone of voice used on the captions and more.
How to define my business target audience on Instagram
Defining your target audience on Instagram is an important step in creating content that resonates with your potential customers and helps you build a strong brand presence on the platform. Here are a few steps to help you define your target audience on Instagram:
- Identify your ideal customer: Consider the demographics, interests, and pain points of your ideal customer. For example, think about their age, gender, income level, education, and location.
- Analyze your current audience: Look at the demographics of your current Instagram followers to identify patterns and trends. You can use Instagram's built-in analytics to see the age, gender, and location of your followers.
- Research your competitors: Look at the demographics of your competitors' followers to identify patterns and trends. Use tools such as Instagram's Insights, or third-party analytics platforms such as Iconosquare or Sprout Social.
- Identify common characteristics: Look for common characteristics among your ideal customer, current audience, and your competitors' followers. Use these characteristics to create a detailed profile of your target audience.
- Create personas: Create detailed personas of your target audience, including their demographics, interests, pain points, and behaviors. These personas can help you create content that resonates with your target audience.
- Monitor your target audience: Keep an eye on the demographics of your target audience as it can change over time and adjust your strategy accordingly.
Once you have defined your target audience, you can use this information to create content that resonates with them, as well as to identify opportunities to connect with them through Instagram features such as Instagram Stories, IGTV, Reels and Shops. You can also use this information to identify influencers in your industry whose audiences align with your target audience, and potentially partner with them to expand your reach.
How to create a valuable content for my business on Instagram?
Creating valuable content for your business on Instagram is crucial for building a strong brand presence and engaging with your target audience. Here are a few tips for creating valuable content for your business on Instagram:
- Identify your goals: Before creating content, identify your goals for your Instagram account, whether it be increasing brand awareness, driving website traffic, or increasing sales.
- Know your audience: Understand the interests, pain points, and needs of your target audience and create content that addresses those needs and interests.
- Showcase your products/services: Use Instagram to showcase your products and services, highlighting their features and benefits. Use Instagram's shopping feature to make it easy for users to purchase your products.
- Tell your brand's story: Use Instagram to tell your brand's story, whether that's through behind-the-scenes looks at your business, user-generated content, or storytelling through visuals.
- Provide educational or informative content: Share educational or informative content that provides value to your audience. This can include tips, how-to's, or industry insights.
- Understand your audience: Know who you are trying to reach and what kind of content will be most relevant to them.
- Identify your unique brand voice: Use a consistent tone and style to create a strong brand identity.
- Use visual storytelling: Use images and videos to tell a story and showcase your products or services in an engaging way.
- Post regularly: Consistency is key when it comes to building an engaged following on Instagram.
- Use Instagram's features: Utilize Instagram's features such as Instagram Stories, IGTV, Reels, and Instagram Live to create engaging and interactive content that showcases your brand in new and interesting ways.
- Encourage user-generated content: Encourage your followers to share their own content related to your brand, whether that's through user-generated content campaigns or by reposting user-generated content on your account.
- Engage with your followers: Respond to comments, answer questions, and join in on Instagram challenges and trends to build a sense of community around your brand.
- Use hashtags and geotags: Use relevant hashtags and geotags to help your content reach a wider audience.
- Collaborate with other accounts: Collaborate with other businesses or influencers in your niche to expand your reach and create new content opportunities.
How to utilize Instagram's features for business
Instagram offers a variety of features that can be used to promote and grow your business on the platform. Here are a few ways you can use Instagram's features for your business:
- Instagram Stories: Share behind-the-scenes content, promotions, and exclusive offers with your followers through Instagram Stories. You can also use the Stories feature to run polls, ask questions, and share user-generated content.
- IGTV: Create longer-form video content to showcase your products or services in more depth. IGTV is a great way to share tutorials, interviews, and other types of video content that can't be shared on Instagram Stories.
- Instagram Reels: Create short, fun, and engaging video content that aligns with trending music and topics. Reels can be an effective way to reach new audiences and drive more traffic to your Instagram profile.
- Instagram Live: Use Instagram Live to connect with your audience in real-time. You can use Live to answer questions, share exclusive content, or host a Q&A session with your followers.
- Instagram Shopping: Tag products in your posts and stories, making it easy for people to shop directly from your Instagram content.
- Instagram Insights: Use Instagram Insights to track the performance of your posts, stories, and profile. Use this data to understand which types of content are resonating with your audience and make data-driven decisions about your Instagram strategy.
- Instagram Ads: Use Instagram's ad platform to reach new audiences, drive website traffic, and increase conversions. You can create a variety of ad formats, including photo and video ads, carousel ads, and stories ads.
- Instagram Creator Studio: Use Creator Studio to manage your Instagram content, schedule posts, and track performance metrics in one place.
How to leverage influencer marketing on Instagram for my business
Influencer marketing on Instagram can be an effective way to reach new audiences, increase brand awareness, and drive sales. Here are a few ways to leverage influencer marketing on Instagram:
- Identify the right influencers: Look for influencers who have a following that aligns with your target audience. Also, ensure the influencer has a good engagement rate and a consistent posting schedule.
- Develop a clear campaign goal: Determine what you want to achieve with your influencer campaign, whether it's driving website traffic, increasing brand awareness, or boosting sales.
- Create a detailed brief: Provide the influencer with a detailed brief that includes your campaign goals, target audience, key messaging, and calls to action.
- Allow creative freedom: While providing clear guidelines, allow the influencer to be creative and authentic in their approach, as it will make their post more relatable and engaging.
- Track and Measure: Use Instagram Insights to track the performance of the influencer's posts and measure the success of your campaign.
- Use Instagram's native tools: Instagram offers a variety of native tools, such as branded content tags, that can be used to disclose sponsored content and make it more discoverable.
- Identify Micro-Influencers: Micro-influencers have a smaller following, but they often have higher engagement rates and can be more cost-effective than working with bigger influencers.
- Have a long-term strategy: Influencer marketing should be seen as a long-term strategy, as building a relationship with influencers can lead to a long-term partnership.
Tracking and analytics
Measuring and tracking your results on Instagram is an important step in understanding the effectiveness of your marketing efforts. Here are a few ways to measure and track your results for your business on Instagram:
- Use Instagram Insights: Instagram Insights is a built-in analytics tool that allows you to track the performance of your posts, stories, and profile. You can use Insights to track metrics such as reach, engagement, and website clicks.
- Track website traffic: Use tools such as Google Analytics to track website traffic from Instagram. This will allow you to see how many people are clicking through to your website from your Instagram profile and which posts are driving the most traffic.
- Monitor engagement rates: Keep track of the engagement rate on your posts, which is calculated by dividing the number of likes and comments by the number of followers. A high engagement rate is a good sign that your content is resonating with your audience.
- Use UTM codes: Use UTM codes to track the effectiveness of specific campaigns or promotions. UTM codes are added to the end of a link and allow you to track where website traffic is coming from.
- Track conversions: Use tools like Facebook Pixel to track conversions, such as sales or newsletter sign-ups, that occur as a result of your Instagram marketing efforts.
- Monitor competitors: Keep an eye on your competitors' Instagram accounts to see what's working for them and what's not. Use this information to improve your own strategy.
- Track brand mentions: Use a social media monitoring tool to track mentions of your brand on Instagram. This will give you an idea of how people are talking about your brand and what they're saying.
- Use third-party tools: There are many third-party tools available that can help you track metrics such as engagement rate, follower growth, and more.
Growing a business on Instagram in 2023 may be challenging, as the platform is becoming more saturated with businesses vying for attention. However, it is not impossible to grow a business on Instagram. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
Keep in mind that growing a business on Instagram requires a consistent effort, patience and the ability to adapt to the changes in the platform. With a well-executed strategy, you can increase your visibility, connect with potential customers, and grow your business on Instagram in 2023.
As always, we're here to help. Book a free consultation with our Instagram Expert to find out how we can help your business grow.