Are content pillars still relevant in 2023? Absolutely! Content pillars remain essential to successful social media strategies, especially on Instagram. Serving as the foundation for your content creation, content pillars help you stay organized, maintain consistency, and deliver valuable content that resonates with your audience.
What Are Content Pillars for Instagram?
Content pillars, also known as content categories or buckets, are three to five key topics your brand consistently discusses, amplifies, and creates content for on Instagram. These pillars form the backbone of your content strategy, providing clarity and direction for your social media efforts. They represent the key themes your audience can expect to see from you, fostering familiarity and trust.
Why Are Content Pillars Important?
Content pillars are not just buzzwords but vital to maintaining a focused and purposeful social media presence. By establishing specific content pillars, you avoid posting unrelated or random content. Instead, you can create content that aligns with your brand's mission, goals, and audience interests. This alignment establishes you as an authority or a valuable source of inspiration and entertainment, setting you apart from the crowd and driving engagement.
Additionally, content pillars streamline your content planning process. Rather than scrambling to create posts on the fly, you can strategically plan your content calendar for the week or month ahead. This organized approach helps you maintain consistency in posting and ensures you deliver relevant content regularly.
6 Content Pillar Examples
Content pillars should cover various topics related to your brand while allowing for diversity in content creation.
Here are 10 inspiring examples to spark your creativity:
- A sustainable living brand's content pillars could include eco-friendly product recommendations, tips for reducing waste, green living guides, and success stories of eco-conscious individuals.
- A technology influencer's pillars might focus on gadget reviews, tech tutorials, app recommendations, and interviews with industry experts.
- A home decor brand's content pillars could encompass interior design tips, DIY decor projects, organization hacks, and room makeover transformations.
- A parenting blogger's pillars might include child development insights, parenting advice, family-friendly recipes, and candid stories about the joys and challenges of raising children.
- An art and creativity enthusiast's content pillars could focus on art tutorials, creative challenges, artist spotlights, and showcasing different art mediums.
- A travel photographer's pillars might revolve around destination guides, travel photography tips, behind-the-scenes stories from their journeys, and travel-related gear recommendations.
- A financial expert's content pillars could encompass money-saving tips, investment advice, budgeting strategies, and debunking common financial myths.
- A pet lover's pillars might include pet care tips, heartwarming pet stories, DIY pet toys, and promoting pet adoption and animal welfare.
- A mental health advocate's content pillars could focus on coping mechanisms, self-care routines, destigmatizing mental health issues, and promoting mental wellness.
- An educational platform's content pillars might include subject-specific lessons, study tips, career advice, and student success stories.
How to Identify & Define Your Brand's Content Pillars in 2023
Defining your content pillars requires thoughtful consideration of your business goals, audience needs, keyword research, content analytics, and feedback from your followers.
- Business Goals and Audience Needs:
Align your content pillars with your brand's objectives and consider what type of content your target audience finds valuable. Determine whether your content will be primarily educational, inspirational, entertaining, or a combination of these elements.
- Keyword Research:
Stay informed about trends and content gaps in your industry through keyword research. Use tools like Instagram and TikTok search, Google Trends, Pinterest search, and AnswerThePublic to discover popular topics and keywords.
- Content Analytics and Performance:
Analyze your content's performance and engagement metrics to identify the most successful posts. Take note of what resonates with your audience and tailor your content pillars accordingly.
- Audience FAQs and Feedback:
Listen to your audience's questions and feedback to understand their needs and interests better. Use this valuable input to create content that directly addresses their queries and concerns.
How to Create, Plan, and Schedule Your Content Calendar in 2023
Once you've defined your content pillars, it's time to put them into action by creating a well-organized content calendar.
Create Content that Supports Your Pillars:
Develop content that aligns with each content pillar, utilizing various formats like short-form videos (Reels), carousel posts, or Instagram Stories.
Plan and Schedule in Advance:
Plan your content in advance, including important dates, holidays, or product launches. Utilize a social media scheduling tool to schedule your posts at specific dates and times, ensuring consistency and efficiency in your content delivery.
Content pillars are an indispensable tool for building a thriving presence on Instagram in 2023.
By defining your content pillars based on your business goals, audience needs, keyword research, and feedback, you can create engaging content that stands out in a crowded social media landscape. Embrace the power of content pillars to streamline your content strategy, foster audience engagement, and elevate your brand's visibility and impact on Instagram.
Ready to take your Instagram presence to the next level?
ENGE's team can help you create content pillars, plan your content calendar, and efficiently schedule your posts. Contact us today, and let's embark on a journey of strategic Instagram success together!